There is hardly anything that contributes to a better mood or offers more fun than one of the most beautiful pastimes in the world. But the importance of a healthy and regular sex life really is often underestimated. Here are eight good reasons why you should not neglect your sex life. Because this is what happens to your body when you stop having sex, according to Everydayhealth. You will find my comments with slashes.
1. You get sick more often. If you don’t have sex for a long time, your immune system becomes significantly weaker. Germs then have an easier job of spreading in your body and you can catch a cold or get the flu more easily. So, just by having more sex, you can help keep your herbal remedy teas in the closet!
I am never sick, so this might be right for you, maybe – but not me. 😉
2. Your stress levels increase. Sex is a great way to reduce your stress levels. Regular sex lowers the amount of stress hormones and makes you feel more relaxed in everyday life. Without this important balance, you could become a ticking time bomb!
Hell Yeah!! I agree!!!!
3. It’s harder for you to get aroused. It’s hard to believe, but true: If you don’t regularly «practice,» it’s difficult for a lot of people to become aroused. Men can experience problems having erections and it can be harder for women to have an orgasm. So, you have to stay on top of things to make sure the «switch» always remains on.
4. Your dreams change. Some people suddenly notice that they have strange dreams when their sex life is suffering. It can mean that you unexpectedly start dreaming about sex or have orgasms in your sleep.
What´s wrong with having orgasms in your sleep? I wan´t that! Where can I buy it?
5. Over time you lose your desire to have sex. If your body notices that you’re having a prolonged dry spell in the sexual sense, the production of sex hormones reduces. You feel less like having sex if you have been abstinent for a while. In addition, your libido will eventually feel different. And this is all due to the fact that your sex hormones are slowly vanishing.
I am not sure about this. I agree that the thought of sex becomes almost absent – but I also believe that if you meet the right person after a long period without sex – then the desire will be ten times stronger. Or more. 😉
6. You’ll feel more distance between your partner and yourself. When a couple in a relationship only rarely sleep together, their interpersonal distance becomes greater. You may start to have feelings of uncertainty related to your partner and other people will seem more attractive to you.
In my opinion bad sex might also increase the distance between your partner and yourself. So this definitely depends on the quality.
7. It lowers your feeling of self-worth. It’s not surprising that a person’s self-worth is harmed, if that individual does not regularly feel desired. But a lack of sex has been proven to affect a person’s well-being, leading to sadness or depression when sex is absent from their lives. Studies have shown that having sex regularly helps fight depression. It can sometimes even work as well as antidepressants.
I think this depends on who you are. If you are strong in your own being, then you are not dependent on others to feel happiness; you create your own.
But if you leave this responsibility to others, you might feel lonely, sad and depressed because you do not manage to be alone.
People standing steadily by themselves is still a minority, but as our consciousness moves from outer focus to inner – more people will find peace of mind even when being alone with long periods without sex – and do so with no worries. 😉
8. Your risk of cancer increases. For men, the risk of prostate cancer increases when they don’t have sex for a longer period of time. So it’s not a bad idea for men to «flush out» the pipes. Because then the risk is significantly reduced.
If all this isn’t motivation enough, then I don’t know what is! For all these reasons, it would be almost irresponsible not to make love more regularly, don’t you think?! Source: Web MD,Everydayhealth
Well, as you can see, I am not sure if this is the absolute truth for all of us. I simply love to have long periods without sex like the one I am doing right now. It feels both cleansing and liberating.
I finished a long relationship almost 3 years ago, and 3 years after, sex is absolutely not on my mind, neither is men. This makes me focus in the important things in life, like my own doing and my health – both mentally and physically.
I take better care of my body and my own feelings, not to mention I take better care of my thoughts and wishes. Focus and time are now directed towards achieving my goals, and I find this very stimulating. In the long run, in my opinion – this is better then sex. 😉
So, if you’ve been in a relationship, it’s a good idea to spend some time for yourself to find out who you are, because sometimes you can forget about that in a relationship.
You might also forget what you really like, when it comes to sex.
So – what do you like?
With a good «time-out» you will discover what you want in a new relationship and a new partner. This I belive – because you took the time you needed to mature – will probably make your next relationship significantly better, including your sex life. You can start a new track based on what you really want and wishes for, instead of bringing the old and perhaps a boring pattern into a new relationship.
This will lead you into a good circle with your new partner, and you will probably prioritize sex to a greater extent than before.
So the conclusion in my opinion is that it is not the quantity, but the quality that is important, also when it comes to sex. Jumping straight into a new relationship or keep it going with one night stands «to stay on top of things,» or because you feel that «sex has to be a part of your life and all the time» to feel worthy or whatever – is meaningless. I think that if you do so – the quality will be thereafter.
Quality beats quantity. Always!
So Hell Yeah – Quality beats quantity. To get it, you must have the right partner. And to find him or her, you should spend some time with him or her before having sex, because sex is not something you should give out to strangers unless sex is the purpose and you know for sure how you want it and are smart and mature enough to protect yourself and the one you´re having sex with – well then, go for it if it makes you happy. 😉
This path is not for me, because I want sex to be more than just that – sex.
Well, I know for sure that I eventually will have a new partner. I just need some more time by myself. A long time-out for me is definitely good for both me and a potential new partner. By then I have matured even more, also regarding sex.
Good sex is a important spice of life – bad sex is not – it´s just bad. So why rush it?
So I do agree on the benefits of good sex – but why hurry when the benefits of patience probably are better sex?
Thank you, and have a beautiful day with a lot of love, good sex and laughter:-)
Trude Helén Hole, New Spirit Communication